Flood Gate Kennels Health Guarantee
FLOOD GATE KENNELS
CONDITIONAL HEALTH GUARANTEE
All puppies are sold with a one-year conditional guarantee:
1. To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. If the puppy is returned due to illness, a verified letter from the veterinarian is required.
We reserve the right to have a second opinion from our veterinarian.
2. The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill or agent of same.
3. To provide all annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccine shots as recommended by their vet and proper vet care. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots, and their yearly boosters. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
4. Buyer agrees not to breed.
5. To provide adequate housing away from the elements. Buyer will have a fenced yard or kennel if the dog will be housed outside. Your dog will NEVER be left on a chain. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry.
6. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
7. That the Buyer will return their Golden Retriever/Goldendoodle to Flood Gate Kennels if the
Buyer is unable or unwilling for any reason to care for their Golden Retriever/Goldendoodle.
Buyer agrees that they will never surrender their dog to a dog rescue or animal shelter without permission from Flood Gate Kennels.
8. This agreement shall be deemed consummated in the county of Bexar,
Texas and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas. If for any reason litigation's should occur, the venue shall lie in Bexar County, Texas. Breeder will not be responsible for any costs associated with this process.
1. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date of release to buyer. Puppy has received its first shots and been wormed. Shot records will be furnished at time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped a copy of the shots & worm records will be with puppy. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at risk due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy's condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund money provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidia, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies.
2. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession.
3. Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until 26 months of age.
4. Breeder offers 24-month hip guarantee on any puppy found to have diagnosed hip dysplasia based on OFA rating. The document must have the phrase “Confirmed Hip Dysplasia” on the document.
5. Upon receipt of a letter to breeder from a reputable veterinarian stating that in his/her opinion this condition is congenital, puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value at breeder's convenience. We reserve the right to have a second opinion from our veterinarian. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages.
6. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, coat type, championship, or temperament of any puppy.
To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
• Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
• In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy's death from owner's vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
We hope that you will enjoy your puppy for years to come. We have taken steps to ensure that your new puppy is healthy by feeding a premium puppy food.
LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE:
This guarantee is non-transferable. The puppy must be in good physical condition. No replacement will be given if dog has been bred. A licensed veterinarian must do all laboratory verifications. The buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the breeder. The breeder is not responsible for any and all veterinarian expenses accumulated on returned or replaced dog or puppy.
THE FOLLOWING 1-6 WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
1. Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
a. Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
c. Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
Note: Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
NOTE: The following study verifies that 50% of hip problems are due to puppies/young adults being overweight. In order to guarantee your puppy, please send us photos taken from the side and top every three months through testing their hips. Please do not feed puppy food after 12 weeks of age.
We also recommend that on every vet visit you have the weight rated by your vet on a scale of 1 to 9. The weight should be rated either a 4 or 5 (no higher than a 5).
2. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
3. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
4. Dog has been bred.
5. Feeding this dog anything other than a premium quality dog food (please do not use puppy food past 12 weeks of age).
6. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise – for example: No treadmill, no extensive standing on back of legs or excessive tennis ball chasing and retrieving should be done – especially
on slippery floors.
This warranty must be printed out, signed and returned to Flood Gate Kennels during pick-up or before shipment of puppy.
Seller, Flood Gate Kennels
__________________________________ Date: ________________________
Purchase agreement amount:
___________________________________ Date: _______________________
Many Blessing and Happy Years to come for you all!
FLOOD GATE KENNELS